A. Drawings and general provisions of the Contract, including Basic and Supplementary Circumstances and Division 1 Specification Sections, apply to this section.
A. This Section contains factory assembled and tested, open circuit, pressured draft counterflow cooling tower.
A. General. Submit the next:
1. Certified drawings of the cooling tower, sound data, advisable steel help indicating weight loadings, wiring diagrams, installation instructions, operation and maintenance directions, and thermal efficiency guarantee by the manufacturer.
1.Four High quality ASSURANCE
A. Verification of Performance:
- 1. Take a look at and certify cooling tower thermal performance in response to CTI Standard 201.
- 2.Test and certify cooling tower sound performance in keeping with CTI ATC-128.
B. Meet or Exceed energy effectivity per ASHRAE ninety.
A. Motor/Drive System: Five (5) 12 months complete warranty in opposition to materials and workmanship including motor, fan, bearings, mechanical assist, sheaves, bushings and belt.
B. Unit: One (1) year from begin-up, not to exceed eighteen (18) months from shipment on the unit.
Part 2 – Merchandise
A. Manufactures: Subject to compliance with requirements, provide cooling towers manufactured by one of the next:
- 1. EVAPCO, Inc.
- 2. Authorised Substitute
- 2.2 Materials
A. Galvanized Sheet Steel casing and fan housing complying with ASTM A 653/A 653M and having G-235 designation and sort 304 Stainless Steel basin.
B. Optional Type 304 and/or 316 Stainless Steel as specified.
2.Three Pressured-DRAFT, COUNTERFLOW COOLING TOWERS
A. Description: Manufacturing facility assembled and tested, pressured draft counterflow cooling tower full with fill, fan(s), fan screens, equipment, and rigging helps.
B. Cooling Tower Characteristics and Capacities: Consult with the Cooling Tower schedule.
1. Kind and Material: forward curved, centrifugal of sizzling-dipped galvanized construction. The followers shall be manufacturing facility installed, and statically and dynamically balanced for vibration free operation.
2. Fan Housing: The entire drive system, including the electric motor, belts, bearings, fan, and drives shall be completely enclosed in a protective housing which covers the drive system and offers sound discount.
3. Maximum sound stress stage of _____dB(A) measured at 5 toes above the fan discharge throughout full pace operation in accordance with CTI Customary ATC-128.
D. Water Distribution System: Non-corrosive materials.
1. Evenly distribute of water over fill materials with pressurized spray tree.
a. Pipes: Schedule 40 PVC, Non-corrosive Supplies
b. Nozzles: Non-clogging, ABS Plastic, threaded into branch piping.
2. Maximum strain at inlet shall be ____ psig. E. IBC Compliance: The unit structure shall be designed, analyzed, and constructed in accordance with the latest edition of the International Building Code (IBC) Rules for seismic hundreds as much as _____ g and wind masses as much as __ psf.
F. Assortment Basin Materials: Kind 304 Stainless Steel for long life and sturdiness (Elective Stainless Steel Water Touch Basin, Water Touch Unit, and All Stainless Steel Unit):
- 1. Removable stainless-steel strainer with openings smaller than nozzle orifices.
- 2. Joints: Bolted and sealed watertight.
- Three. Overflow, Makeup and Drain connections: Kind 304 Stainless Steel (MPT).
- 4. Outlet Connection: Sort 304 Beveled for weld and grooved for mechanical coupling.
G. Casing: Heavy Gauge G-235 Galvanized Steel or Type 304 Stainless Steel (Non-compulsory):
1. Casing panels shall totally encase the fill media to guard the fill from harm as a result of direct atmospheric publicity. All galvanized steel panel edges shall be coated with a ninety five% pure zinc compound during fabrication.
- 2. Fasteners: Corrosion resistance equal to or better than supplies being fastened.
- Three. Joints: Sealed watertight.
- Four. Welded Connections: Continuous and watertight
H. Fill Media: PVC; resistant to rot, decay and biological assault; formed, crossfluted bonded collectively for power and sturdiness in block format for straightforward removal and substitute; appropriate for use as a working floor; self extinguishing with flame spread score of 5 per ASTM E84-81a; able to withstand steady working temperature of 130°F; and fabricated, formed and installed by the producer to ensure water breaks up into droplets.
I. Drift Eliminators: Identical material as Fill. Zero.001% drift charge.
J. Protecting Air Inlet Screens: Galvanized Steel
K. Water Degree Control: Brass mechanical makeup water valve and plastic float with an adjustable linkage.
2.4 MOTORS AND DRIVES
A. Common necessities for motors are specified in Division 23 Part “Motors”.
B. Enclosure Type: TEFC
C. Motor Velocity: Single Speed (Possibility: VFD Obligation, 2-pace)
D. Drive: Power Band Belt designed for 150% of the motor nameplate HP.
- 1. Belt: V-belt type.
- 2. Sheaves: Aluminum alloy, taper lock design.
- Three. Bearings: Heavy obligation, self-aligning bearings with extended grease strains and fittings.
- Four. Fan Shaft: Stable steel shaft with solid bearing journals.
- 5. Vibration Cutout Change: Mechanical change to de- energize fan motors if excessive vibration in NEMA four enclosure.
- 2.5 Maintenance Entry
A. Access Door: A circular access door shall be positioned above the basin to permit for easy accessibility to the pan inside.
B. Ladders: Aluminum, vertical complying with 29 CFR 1910.27.
2.6 SOUND ATTENUATION
A. Inlet Attenuation: Self supporting, supplies to be same as fan part. Baffled panels shall change the trail of air entry and capture radiated noise. Exterior belt adjustment and lubrication points shall be supplied.
B. Discharge Attenuation: Straight sided discharge hood with insulated baffles to cut back the overall sound stage of the discharge air. A big access panel to allow entry to the water distribution system and drift eliminators shall be supplied.