The difference of MBBR and MBR is only one letter, so someone will confuse the difference between the two. Here to tell us about these two processes now!
- Defined by definition – MBR: membrane bioreactor; MBBR: carrier fluid bed biofilm technology
- From the principle of distinction – MBR: activated sludge + membrane separation; MBBR: biofilm method
- The difference in principle:
- Membrane bioreactor (MBR) is a new type of water treatment technology that combines the membrane separation unit with a biological treatment unit to replace the secondary settling tank (or decanter) with a membrane module to maintain high activity sludge in the bioreactor Reduce the concentration of sewage treatment facilities and reduce the amount of sludge by maintaining a low sludge load.
- The mobile bed moving bed biofilm reactor (MBBR) is prepared by adding a certain amount of suspended carrier to the reactor to increase the biomass and biological species in the reactor, thereby improving the efficiency of the reactor treatment. As the packing density close to the water, so in the aeration time, and water was completely mixed state, in addition, each carrier inside and outside have different biological species, the internal growth of some anaerobic bacteria or dioxins, microbial growth environment Gas, liquid, solid three-phase. The collision and shearing of the carrier in the water makes the air bubbles smaller and increases the utilization of oxygen. The outside is a good culture, so that each carrier is a microreactor, so that the nitrification and denitrification reactions are present at the same time Improve the processing effect. MBBR core is to increase the filler, the unique design of the filler in the blast aeration in the reaction pool with the flow of water, driven by the growth of biological bacteria and water pollutants and oxygen in full contact with pollutants through adsorption and Diffusion into the biofilm, microbial degradation. The growth of microorganisms can reach a high biomass, so the biological concentration of the reaction pool is several times that of the activated sludge process, and the degradation efficiency is doubled.