» » Cooling Tower Fill Types

Cooling Tower Fill Types

posted in: Industry News | 2

When talking about Cooling Tower components, you can’t help escaping the term ‘Fill’. It has been seen that most cooling towers are equipped with fills, either made up of plastic or wood. The fill employed for easy transfer of heat by maximizing water and air contact.

Now, a tower fill types can either be splash or film type. Film fill cooling tower consists of thin, closely placed plastic surfaces over which the water spreads forming a thin film in contact with air. The surface may be flat/corrugated/honeycombed etc.

Splash Fill Cooling Tower consists of layers of horizontal splash bars into which the water spreads and breaks into small droplets. Since the water falls over successive layers the fill surface also get wet. In most of the cases, plastic splash fill provides better heat transfer as compared to the wood splash fill.

cooling tower fill

Comments are closed.